Physicians at the Scottsdale, Ariz.-based North Valley Surgery Center will perform partial and total knee arthroplasties with the Navio Robotic Surgical System.
What you should know:
1. The Navio system assists surgeons in preparing a patient's bone and placing the implant.
2. North Valley Surgery Center performed 127 same day joint replacement procedures in 2018.
3. The surgery center invested in the Navio system to provide "extraordinary outcomes for the patients [it] serves," and extend an implant's longevity.
4. With the Navio in place, physicians at the surgery center expects to perform 250 joint replacement procedures in 2019.
5. Surgery center surgeon Bertrand P. Kaper, MD, said, "The Navio system provided me with robotic assistance for precise and efficient implant placement. With better surgical technique, the goal is to improve the outcomes and extend the longevity of knee replacement implants."