Total joint specialists Matthew A. Miller, MD, and Phillip A. Sandifer, MD, joined Specialty Orthopedic Group in Tupelo, Miss.
Here are five things to know:
1. Drs. Miller and Sandifer each earned their medical degrees from University of Mississippi School of Medicine and completed their residencies at the University of Mississippi Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation, both based in Jackson.
2. Dr. Miller underwent an arthroscopy fellowship at Jackson-based Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Clinic.
3. Dr. Sandifer completed the AO International Short Term Fellowship in Lausanne, Switzerland, as well as a fellowship in adult reconstruction at Salt Lake City-based University of Utah.
4. Dr. Miller is a member of Alpha Omega Alpha, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons and American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, among others.
5. Dr. Sandifer is a member of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons and American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.