Sarcoma specialist R. Lor Randall, MD, joins Sacramento-based UC Davis Health as its chair of orthopedic surgery.
Here are five details:
1. Additionally, Dr. Randall became the David Linn Endowed Chair in Orthopaedic Surgery.
2. Dr. Randall comes to UC Davis from the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, where he launched the Huntsman-Intermountain Adolescent and Young Adult Cancer Care Program.
3. In his new role, Dr. Randall will lead 70 surgeons, physicians, researchers and trainees. The team has an international reputation for developing new therapies, including stem cell therapies to repair cartilage and bone.
4. He has published more than 175 peer-reviewed articles as well as chapters and abstracts on sarcoma surgery and biology.
5. After earning his medical degree from Yale School of Medicine in New Haven, Conn., Dr. Randall went on to complete fellowship training at Seattle-based University of Washington Fred Hutchison Cancer Center.