HSHS St. Joseph's Hospital Highland in Illinois welcomed orthopedic surgeon Peter Bonutti, MD, according to Belleville News-Democrat.
Here are five key points:
1. With 250 U.S. patents, Dr. Bonutti has developed technology for Medtronic, Zimmer Biomet and Stryker. His minimally invasive knee arthroplasty innovations were credited in Stryker's Annual report.
2. Dr. Bonutti's special interests include minimally invasive surgery, joint replacement surgery, arthroscopy and sports medicine.
3. Board certified in orthopedic surgery, Dr. Bonutti is an associate clinical professor at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville and has published over 100 articles.
4. Dr. Bonutti underwent fellowship training in shoulder and elbow surgery at the University of Western Ontario in Canada.
5. After earning his medical degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Dr. Bonutti completed his residency at the Cleveland Clinic.