Texas Spine & Joint Hospital's outpatient MRI facility in Longview will need to be repaired after a fire early Feb. 1.
Crews responded to the facility for an initial call of glass breakage about 4:45 a.m., Longview fire officials said. Authorities found the building was on fire and pinpointed the source to a rear electrical room.
The fire was believed to have started in a cabinet with emergency backup power batteries and then spread to the attic, authorities said. No one was inside the building at the time.
The fire was under control in about 20 minutes, but there was extensive heat and smoke damage throughout the building, authorities said. A civilian employee responding to the fire sustained a minor injury.
The roof and parts of the structure will need to be rebuilt, Texas Spine & Joint Hospital marketing director Jess Mowery told ABC affiliate KLTV.
This article was updated Feb. 2 to include details from the Longview Fire Department.