New York City-based Hospital for Special Surgery will anchor a 30-story medical office building, Extell Development Co. said Oct. 25.
1. The medical building will be 400,000 square feet.
2. HSS signed a long-term lease for about 200,000 square feet of space across the first eight floors. That space will be used for physician offices and ancillary services.
3. Workers are expected to break ground in early 2022 and completion is slated for 2025.
4. The building will feature oversized windows to offer more natural light. It will also have increased ventilation and enhanced filtration.
5. HSS President and CEO Louis Shapiro said: "This is an important step in the multiyear transformation of our main campus and complement to construction of the HSS Kellen Tower … which is now underway."