Atlanta-based Emory University Healthcare's Musculoskeletal Institute opened Oct. 7, Atlanta Business Chronicle reported.
Five things to know:
1. The facility cost $130 million, has 117 patient exam rooms and is 180,000 square feet.
2. It has orthopedic and spine care, imaging, physical therapy and outpatient surgery.
3. Large examination rooms, private patient hallways and a private entrance for patients on stretchers are some of the features intended to improve efficiency and comfort.
4. The institute is part of Emory Healthcare's $1 billion health innovation district.
5. The institute replaces Emory’s Orthopaedics & Spine Center.