Philadelphia-based Premier Orthopedics and Philadelphia Hand to Shoulder Center have opened a $6.7 million surgery center in King of Prussia, Pa., Philadelphia Business Journal reports.
Five things to know:
1. Services offered include spine surgery, total joint replacement, general orthopedic surgery and fracture care.
2. Twenty orthopedic surgeons staff the center, which has four operating rooms and 14 pre- and postoperative rooms.
3. West Reading, Pa.-based Tower Health and Hester, Pa.-based Crozer-Keystone Health System are minority stakeholders of the ASC.
4. About 90 surgeries have been performed at the facility since it opened this summer.
5. The 14,500-square-foot ASC is expected to perform between 4,300 and 4,500 surgeries in 2021.