Dexur compiled a list of Dallas metropolitan-area hospitals and surgery centers performing hip and knee replacements ordered by cost outcomes.
Dexur analyzed Medicare claims data to calculate Medicare spending per beneficiary. Dexur considered hospitals in the Dallas area that performed more than 11 joint replacement procedures in 2019.
Here is the average MSPB cost per episode for 10 Texas hospitals or surgery centers:
1. Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas: $14,578
2. North Central Surgical Center in Dallas: $14,738
3. Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southlake: $15,303
4. Texas Health Center for Diagnostics & Surgery Plano: $15,396
5. Baylor Scott & White Medical Center-Frisco: $16,361
6. Baylor Orthopedic and Spine Hospital at Arlington: $16,464
7. Methodist Hospital for Surgery in Addison: $16,752
8. Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower Mound: $16,930
9. Methodist McKinney Hospital: $17,192
10. Baylor Medical Center at Uptown in Dallas: $17,759