Amherst, N.Y.-based Dent Neurologic Institute and the University at Buffalo (N.Y.) cut the ribbon and opened the first phase of their multiyear joint venture Comprehensive Neuroscience Center in Amherst Nov. 14, local ABC affiliate WKBW reports.
What you should know:
1. The Buffalo News said the center will cost the joint venture $40 million.
2. The center is being built in phases. The first phase features the center. A freestanding surgery center is expected to open in 2021.
3. University at Buffalo will consolidate three offices in the clinic, while Dent will staff the clinic and provide neurological services and advanced diagnostic imaging.
4. The clinic's mission is to decrease opioid prescribing in the region and help patients more effectively manage their pain without opioids.
5. This is UBNS' seventh location.