Fifteen new orthopedic and spine practices are joining Humana's spinal fusion or total joint replacement bundled payment arrangement.
Humana launched its total joint replacement episode of care model for Humana Medicare Advantage members of HMO and PPO health plans in 2016, and with 11 recent additions the program includes 75 medical practices in 21 states. The new practices include:
1. The Orthopaedic Group in Mobile, Ala.
2. Florida Orthopaedic Associates in DeLand
3. Florida Sports Orthopaedic & Spine Medicine
4. The Orthopaedic Institute in Gainesville, Fla.
5. Community Physicians of Indiana in Indianapolis
6. OSMC in Elkhart, Ind.
7. Summit Orthopedics with several locations in Minnesota
8. Twin Cities Orthopedics in Minneapolis
9. The Orthopaedic Center in Tulsa, Okla.
10. Holston Medical Group, with locations in Tennessee, Virginia and North Carolina
11. Orthopaedic Specialists of Austin (Texas)
The spinal fusion episode-based model for Humana Medicare Advantage members of HMO and PPO plans was launched earlier this year and recently added Atlanta-based Resurgens Orthopaedics, Baton Rouge Orthopaedic Clinic, Wilmington, N.C.-based EmergeOrtho and Knoxville-based OrthoTennessee.
The program increases payment for physicians and clinicians who report improved health outcomes and cost for spine surgery episodes of care, as measured by readmission rates, complications and average risk-adjusted episodic cost-of-care.