Sioux Falls, S.D.-based Sanford Health is undergoing a $200 million expansion project in Fargo, N.D., according to the Argus Leader.
Here are five things to know:
1. The health system plans to update Sanford South University Medical Center in Fargo to become a standalone orthopedic hospital and clinic.
2. Remodel plans are scheduled for the Sanford Roger Maris Cancer Center in Fargo.
3. Additionally, Sanford Health will expand the main hospital in previously purchased space.
4. The expansion efforts will bring in an additional 200 physicians as well as hundreds of caregivers and other employees, according to Sanford Health executives.
5. Sanford Health has been looking to expand into Fargo for years. The health system acquired Fargo-based MeritCare in 2009 and has spent the past nine years constructing a new hospital after flooding damaged the old MeritCare facility.