Newport Beach, Calif.-based DISC Sports & Spine Center entered a partnership with Global One and Blue Shield to form a bundled payment model.
Here are five things to know.
1. The bundled payment structure offers Blue Shield subscribers in-network services at DISC Surgery Center at Newport Beach
2. The bundled payment is effective immediately.
3. All payments for services provided by DISC clinicians and the surgical center will be bundled under a single payment.
4. Patients with Blue Shield coverage may now access minimally invasive spine surgery, orthopedic procedures, sports medicine, pain management and other services at DISC.
5. DISC surgeons Robert S. Bray Jr., MD, Grant Shifflett, MD, Rojeh Melikian, MD, Hamid Mir, MD, and Richard Kim, MD, are also professionally in-network with Blue Shield.
"We're now working directly with payers like Blue Shield to provide increased access for patients in a more transparent and cost-efficient way," said DISC CEO Dr. Bray. "When patients seek us out, they are often dealing with debilitating pain and injuries. We want to make it as easy as possible for them to get the care they need without the added worry of unexpected costs. It's as simple as paying a deductible or copay. No further bills, no surprises."