Regent Surgical Health and 14 physicians opened the Oregon Surgical Institute in Beaverton.
Here are five things to know.
1. The ambulatory surgery center spans 14,000 square feet.
2. Oregon Surgical Institute providers will offer orthopedics, spine and pain management services.
3. The center's physicians specialize in pain management, spine, hip and knee replacement, shoulder replacement, sports surgery, hand surgery and trauma surgery.
4. Regent and the physicians created the ASC with the expectation of performing total joint replacements, meaning large operating room and recovery areas, wide hallways and hospital-scale sterilization areas. The facility also has 6,000 square feet of undeveloped space for future additions accommodating overnight stays.
5. Regent now owns or operates 23 surgical facilities, 19 hospital joint ventures, two bundled payment entities and TJR centers.