To further expand the Little Rock-based Arkansas Neuroscience Institute, Sherwood, Ark.-based CHI St. Vincent began constructing a $17 million education and research center.
Here are five things to know.
1. The new center will be an extension of CHI St. Vincent North in Sherwood. It will serve as a destination neurosciences institute that provides neurosurgery.
2. Arkansas Neuroscience Institute plans to relocate its surgical and clinical operations to the expanded Sherwood center by the end of the year. The new $17 million education center is set to be open in early 2019.
3. The education and research center will be adjacent to the hospital. It will feature an expanded laboratory and classrooms, an auditorium, the Arkansas Neuroscience Institute clinic and office space.
4. Development of the new home of the Arkansas Neuroscience Institute recently began at CHI St. Vincent North. Plans include 10 additional care unit rooms, updated operating rooms, an angiography suite, a new pharmacy and imaging technology.
5. Ali Krisht, MD, leads the Arkansas Neuroscience Institute. He specializes in aneurysms and tumors and is the editor-in-chief for Contemporary Neurosurgery.