P. Merrill White, III, MD, is the new medical director of Knoxville-based Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics.
Here are five things to know:
1. Dr. White is a spine surgeon with 22 years of experience.
2. As medical director, Dr. White will head the practice's clinical vision, strategy and medical oversight.
3. Dr. White completed an adult spine surgery fellowship at Rothman Institute and Jefferson Hospital, both located in Philadelphia.
4. Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics includes 23 surgeons at nine locations in Knoxville, Oak Ridge, Crossville, Sevierville and Lenoir City.
5. The practice offers orthopedic spine, foot, ankle, hand, elbow, shoulder, knee, joint replacement and fracture services.