Michelson 20MM Foundation is teaming up with The Center for Intellectual Property Understanding to boost awareness about intellectual property rights.
Here are five things to know:
1. The two organizations support the first IP Awareness Summit, which will take place in Chicago Nov. 6.
2. The partnership also backs the University of Southern California's undergraduate course, "The Entrepreneur's Guide to Intellectual Property."
3. Michelson 20MM helped create the first IP course for college studies.
4. Gary K. Michelson, MD, founded Michelson 20MM. Dr. Michelson holds hundreds of patents for spinal surgery treatments.
5. The Center for Intellectual Property Understanding is a nonprofit focused on increasing awareness about IP rights.