Nashville, Tenn.-based Surgery Partners will complete the acquisition of Chicago-based National Surgical Healthcare on Aug. 31.
Here are six insights:
1. In May, Surgery Partners revealed a definitive merger agreement to acquire NSH from Irving Place Capital for about $760 million.
2. Bain Capital Private Equity offered some of the funding for the acquisition, and will purchase H.I.G. Capital's stake in Surgery Partners at $19 per share.
3. As part of the transaction, Surgery Partners completed an offering of $370 million in 6.75 percent senior unsecured notes, due 2025.
4. The financial details also include a $1.29 billion term loan and a new preferred security Bain Capital Private Equity bought.
5. The combined entity will encompass 125 surgical facilities, 58 physician practice locations and ancillary services. It will operate in 32 states with more than 5,000 physicians.
6. The acquisition will strengthen Surgery Partners' musculoskeletal programs.