According to MGMA's 2017 Regulatory Burden Survey Report, practices are spending thousands of dollars to comply with federal regulations.
Practices report increased spending in lost physician productivity, staff training on regulations, IT implementation and upgrade costs as well as consulting fees and attorney fees, among other expenses, to keep up with federal regulations. Here is how much practices are spending per full-time equivalent physician:
1. Less than $10,000: 13 percent
2. $10,001 to $40,000: 38 percent
3. $40,001 to $70,000: 22 percent
4. $70,001 to $100,000: 13 percent
5. More than $100,000: 14 percent