New York City-based Mount Sinai Medical Center opened its new orthopedic center in New York City, N.Y. The Orthopaedic Center at Mount Sinai West will be the heath system's location for all orthopedic patients on the west side of Manhattan.
Here are five highlights:
1. Four new surgeons have joined the existing team of 12 who provide total joint replacement, sports medicine, spine, foot and ankle, should, elbow and hand injuries treatment.
2. Michael Bronson, MD, will direct the Orthopaedic Center at Mount Sinai West.
3. The orthopedic center will serve as a teaching site for medical students, residents and fellows in all areas of orthopedics.
4. The Mount Sinai Health System is comprised of seven hospital campuses and single medical schools with an extensive ambulatory network and a range of inpatient and outpatient services.
5. The health system includes approximately 7,100 primary and specialty care physicians, 12 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers, over 140 ambulatory practices and 31 affiliated community health centers.