Philadelphia-based Rothman Institute partnered with Capital Health to develop orthopedic centers of excellence.
Here are five things to know:
1. Under the agreement, Rothman surgeons and physicians will have privileges at Capital Health facilities including Regional Medical Center—Trenton (N.J.) and Capital Health Medical Center—Hopewell in Pennington, N.J.
2. The partnership aims to develop centers of excellence at Capital Health facilities. "Our unique partnership represents another step forward for Capital Health as we further develop the depth and breadth of our clinical programs for the benefit of our neighbors," said Al Maghazheh, PhD, FACHE, president and CEO of Capital Health.
3. Rothman Institute physicians currently have privileges at Capital Health Regional Medical Center and Capital Health Medical Center—Hopewell.
4. Rothman Institute physicians subspecialize in joint replacement, spine surgery, sports medicine, extremities care, orthopedic trauma and fracture care and physical medicine and rehabilitation.
"The decision to partner with Capital Health was a natural one with their geographic reach and accessibility in Central New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania," said Rothman Institute CEO Mike West. "They have the same commitment to excellence as our organization and have an outstanding reputation in the Trenton marketplace and its extended suburbs. We anticipate a successful transition and partnership now and long into the future."
5. Earlier this year, Rothman Institute partnered with Northwell Health, based in New Hyde Park, N.Y., to expand the practices services and brand further north.