Phoenix-based The CORE Institute named Norman C. Payson, MD, to its board of directors.
Here are five things to know:
1. Dr. Payson has had a 30-plus year career that included CEO and chairman roles with several organizations.
2. He co-founded Chicago-based Healthsource and served as its CEO, was CEO of Trumbull, Conn.-based Oxford Health Plans' insurance business, Chairman of Addison, Texas-based Concentra and CEO of Lake Forest, Calif.-based Apria Healthcare.
3. The CORE Institute Chairman and Founder David Jacofsky, MD, said, "[Dr. Payson] is among the most well-respected minds in the business of insurance anywhere in the world, and is both a physician and a national name in business which provides him a unique perspective from both vantage points."
4. Dr. Payson has served as a sponsor and mentor at Boston-based MIT's Health Sciences Technology Division's Biomedical Enterprise Program. He lectures at Hanover, N.H.-based Dartmouth Geisel School of Medicine and Tuck School of Business.
5. Dr. Payson's appointment is in collaboration with Phoenix-based Excellence Headquarters, The CORE Institute's management company.
More articles on practice management:
NewYork-Presbyterian, Weill Cornell Medicine establish rehabilitation medicine department; Dr. Joel Stein to chair — 6 notes
Hoag Orthopedic Institute releases annual report: 7 things to know
Oregon Democrats file ethics complaint against Rep. Dr. Knute Buehler over undisclosed Stryker, Pfizer payments