Healthgrades launched a new consumer website with enhanced functionality and search expertise.
Here are five things to know:
1. The new website allows users to search, select and appoint with the physician.
2. STAX research, which Healthgrades commissioned, reported consumers are 82 percent more likely to book an appointment if the physician information on the site includes experience, patient satisfaction scores and hospital quality; the Healthgrades website now allows provider profiles to include this information.
3. Users can tailor searches based on criteria important to them, including insurance, gender, patient satisfaction and more.
4. The research also found Healthgrades users visiting the site to look up a physician were 54 percent more likely to find and connect with a different physician.
5. Healthgrades now shows users whether the physician is accepting new patients and appointment availability. Almost two-thirds of health systems are expected to offer online scheduling for all physicians by 2019, according to Accenture.