The Orthopaedic Center of Central Virginia in Lynchburg merged with OrthoVirginia, according to a News Advance report.
Here are five key notes:
1. The Orthopaedic Center of Central Virginia has become OrthoVirginia, but the practice's office will remain at the same location in Lynchburg. In northern Virginia, there are more than 40 physicians, 10 office locations, seven physical therapy locations and an outpatient surgery center.
2. The new practice adds 18 physicians to the OrthoVirginia mega-group. OrthoVirginia now has 105 physicians.
3. The larger OrthoVirginia group includes 22 offices, 11 of which are in the greater Richmond area, as well as 14 physical therapy locations.
4. The Orthopaedic Center was originally established in 2005 after two smaller groups merged and includes outpatient surgery, outpatient therapy and MRI facilities.
5. The merger allows the surgeons to remain independent and continue delivering the same day-to-day clinical operations as part of a larger group going forward.