The global surgical robotics market is expected to reach $12.6 billion by 2025, according to a BIS Research report.
Here are seven companies to consider when looking to invest in robotics, according to Investing News:
1. Intuitive Surgical: The company's da Vinci Surgery System was the first FDA-approved robotic surgery system for laparoscopic surgeries.
2. TransEnterix: The company's Senhance Surgical System is designed to cover more than 3 million procedures.
3. Smith & Nephew: The Navio Surgical System is intended for total and partial knee replacement procedures. The company designed the system to be compatible with other total joint and knee systems.
4. Mazor Robotics: After placing more than 200,000 implants, the company's two systems MazorX and Renaissance are dominating the operating room.
5. Renishaw: The company's neuromata robot performs a range of neurosurgical procedures, such as electrode implantations.
6. Stryker: The company has expanded its surgical system portfolio to include endoscopic and laparoscopic systems.
7. Titan Medical: With a single-port approach to laparoscopic treatment, the company is looking to further expand the robotic industry.