Bryan Kelly, MD, will perform arthroscopic surgery on Los Angeles Dodgers shortstop Corey Seager's left hip, the team said.
Here's what you should know:
1. Mr. Seager had been recovering from a Tommy John surgery performed in May.
2. Mr. Seager injured his hip in April and tore his ulnar collateral ligament around the same time. The team opted to have him undergo surgery now, while he was already recovering, the Los Angeles Times reports.
3. The team expects Mr. Seager to resume baseball activities in January.
4. Dr. Kelly is the head team physician for the New York Rangers and associate team physician for the New York Giants.
5. Specializing in sports medicine injuries, Dr. Kelly is the chief of sports medicine at New York City-based Hospital for Special Surgery.