Jonathan Gelber, MD, published The Ultimate Guide to Preventing and Treating MMA Injuries, published in May 2016.
1. We know orthopedic surgeons who are the head of CMS/DHHS, who are great surgeons and who are business leaders. I didn't know an orthopedic who was an MMA fighter.
2. With 28,000 or so alpha people in a profession, I guess it's just the odds that one is an MMA fighter.
3. This star studded book is written by orthopedic surgeon Jonathan Gerber, MD, who has also spent serious time as an MMA fighter. When one talks about eating their own cooking, I guess this is the parallel for a doctor who treats fight injury.
4. The book goes in to serious detail on injuries from mixed martial arts and how to avoid them and fix them. Shockingly there are a lot of them.
5. Jonathan is an excellent writer and his book is a terrific read for surgeons and athletes.