Baton Rogue, La.-based North Oaks Health System partnered with Walker High School to open a sports medicine clinic on campus, the Advocate reports.
Here's what you need to know.
1. The clinic opened in the high school's field house and weight room.
2. North Oaks athletic trainer Alexis Amato will serve as the school's sports medicine instructor and athletic trainer.
3. Students will be able to work at North Oak facilities, and the clinic is going to assist with the school's certified nursing assistant curriculum.
4. The facility features four treatment tables, an ice bath whirlpool and exercise equipment.
5. The school also has a mobile facility it uses at school-sponsored events.
More sports medicine news:
Dr. Angus McBryde Jr. passes away after car accident: 4 things to know
21 statistics and facts for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth and more
Pushing the envelope — Dr. Michael Redler discusses the value of giving back & the many factors driving orthopedics