Dr. James Andrews will perform Tommy John surgery on Kody Clemens, Texas Longhorns infielder and son of former MLB pitcher Roger Clemens, the Daily News reports.
Here's what you need to know.
1. Mr. Clemens is an infielder with the University of Texas Longhorns.
2. Dr. Andrews, of the Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine in Gulf Breeze, Fla., will perform the surgery on the 20-year-old Mr. Clemens.
3. Dr. Andrews actually performed shoulder surgery on Mr. Roger Clemens in 1985, which allowed him to have the highly successful career he had, albeit with the controversy surrounding his appearance in the Mitchell Report.
4. Dr. Andrews is an internationally known orthopedic surgeon.
More news related to sports medicine:
1. Global Stem Cells Group to honor Dr. Joseph Purita at annual symposium: 4 highlights
2. Colorado landscape earned orthopedic surgeons reputation for treating extreme sports injuries: 8 thoughts
3. Living with total hip and knee replacement: 7 statistics and thoughts about life after surgery