K. David Moore, MD, joined Birmingham, Ala.-based Andrews Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center, according to AL.com.
Here are five highlights:
1. Previously, Dr. Moore served as director of the Center for Joint Replacement at the University of Alabama in Birmingham. He also served as chief of adult reconstruction for the United States Air Force at Wilford Hall Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas.
2. Dr. Moore's clinical interests include minimally invasive surgery, early intervention in arthritis treatment, image-assisted surgery and alternative bearings in total joint arthroplasty.
3. Dr. Moore is a reviewer for the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, The Journal of Biomedical Research, Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research and The Journal of Arthroplasty.
4. Dr. Moore earned his medical degree from Vanderbilt University School of Medicine in Nashville and completed his residency at the University of Missouri in Columbia. He completed his adult reconstruction fellowship at the Arlington, Va.-based Anderson Orthopaedic Clinic.
5. James R. Andrews, MD, founded the Andrews Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center.