Cincinnati-based UC Health is set to open its new sports medicine center, according to a Cincinnati Business Courier report.
Here are five key notes:
1. The center cost more than $3 million, including construction, equipment purchases and ongoing upgrades.
2. The center will allow UC Health's orthopedics and sports medicine department to increase its capacity by 20,000 patient visits annually.
3. It includes 12 exams rooms, a large cast room and an X-ray unit, as well as a NovaCare Physical Therapy clinic, which encompasses 3,488 square feet.
4. Construction of the center began in July 2015.
5. UC Health is the orthopedics provider for the Cincinnati Cyclones pro ice hockey team and the Florence Freedom minor league baseball team.