The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons appointed Kern Singh, MD, spine program committee chair for the society's annual meetings.
Here are five highlights:
1. Dr. Singh will serve as spine program committee chairman for the 2017 through 2020 AAOS annual meetings.
2. In this position, Dr. Singh will coordinate the meetings' spine presentations and instructional course lectures.
3. He will also review all spine research submissions and select committee members.
4. Dr. Singh is the co-director of the Minimally Invasive Spine Institute at Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush in Chicago.
5. Specializing in MIS spine and outpatient spine surgery, Dr. Singh helps design new MIS instruments.