Christopher Shaffrey, MD, is chief of the spine division at Duke University School of Medicine in Durham, N.C.
Five things to know about him:
1. Dr. Shaffrey was named spine chief in June 2018.
2. Dr. Shaffrey has more than 25 years of experience in spine surgery. He earned his medical degree and completed his residency at the University of Virginia School of Medicine in Charlottesville.
3. He is a professor of orthopedics and neurosurgery.
4. He has more than 400 publications about topics including spinal deformity surgery, surgical site infections and spinal revision surgery.
5. Dr. Shaffrey has board certification in orthopedic surgery and neurological surgery.