From new imaging systems to pedicle screw technology, Becker's reported on five spine technology debuts since April 21:
1. Tien Le, MD, performed a first-of-its-kind spine procedure integrating Accelus' Remi robotic navigation system, Linesider pedicle screw system and FlareHawk expandable interbody fusion device.
2. The first case with Medacta's MUST pedicle screw system and NextAR system was completed by Kevin McGuire, MD.
3. Surgalign's artificial intelligence and augmented reality surgical guidance system was debuted at Indiana Spine Hospital in Carmel, Ind.
4. The first spine surgery in Connecticut using Augmedics' XVision system and the Airo TruCT Mobile Imaging System was performed at the UConn Health Spine Center in Farmington.
5. The first spine surgeries with Globus Medical's Excelsius3D three-in-one imaging have been completed with the ExcelsiusGPS robot.