U.S. Representative Haley Stevens, D-Mich., paid a visit to Troy, Mich.-based Jagannathan Neurosurgery as part of her 2019 healthcare listening tour.
What you should know:
1. Jagannathan Neurosurgery's Dr. Jay Jagannathan, MD, hosted a panel discussion for an assembled group of providers and guests. Accompanying Dr. Jagannathan on the panel was:
- Melanie Novak, MD, Jagannathan Neurosurgery pain specialist
- Lucretia Conley, former Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation chairperson
- Mike Embry, former National Association of Healthcare Underwriters president
2. The panel discussed the opioid crisis and pharmaceutical companies' role in healthcare.
3. Dr. Jagannathan said, "We were very honored to host this health care discussion with Rep. Haley Stevens. It’s refreshing to have an open and honest discussion about real issues on the ground that we as medical professionals face every day."