John Stevenson, MD, of North Florida Regional Medical Center in Gainesville, reported the highest discharge volume for all Florida-based spine surgeons between 2013 and 2016, according to Dexur.
Here are five key findings.
1. In total, Dr. Stevenson reported 819 spine surgery discharges during the time period. He also ranked highest in volume of DRG-460 with 461 discharges.
2. Dr. Stevenson also had the lowest readmission rate for DRG-460 with 7.2 percent. The national and state averages are at 17.45 percent and 17.83 percent, respectively.
3. Following Dr. Stevenson, Constantine Toumbis, MD, of Seven Rivers Medical Center in Crystal River, Fla., and Citrus Memorial Hospital in Inverness, Fla., had the second highest discharge volume at 771.
4. Richard Hynes, MD, of Holmes Regional Medical Center in Melbourne, Fla., reported 633 spine surgery discharges.
5. James Paraiso, MD, of The Villages (Fla.) Regional Hospital had 529 discharges, and Gary Colon, MD, of NCH Baker Hospital in Naples, Fla., had 504.