Mighty Oak Medical signed exclusive distribution rights for its Firefly Pedicle Screw Navigation Guides to OrthoPediatrics to market in pediatric hospitals across the U.S.
Here are five things to know:
1. Firefly Pedicle Screw Navigation Guides were designed based on the market demand for a navigation solution that does not rely on intraoperative radiation and suited for longer construct cases.
2. Firefly Pedicle Screw Navigation Guides are 3D printed and patient-specific at each planned vertebral level.
3. The navigation guides can be used with any spinal deformity correction system, including OrthoPediatrics' Response Spinal Deformity System.
4. OrthoPediatrics plans to use the navigation guides during scoliosis procedures, regarding the system as having 99.7 percent accuracy.
5. Currently OrthoPediatrics markets 21 surgical systems that serve the three largest categories within the pediatric orthopedic market.