A growing number of degenerative spondylolisthesis and degenerative scoliosis cases in the elderly and an increasing number of obese people with spine deformities will drive the global spinal stenosis market growth between 2016 and 2026.
Here are five observations:
1. The increasing popularity of minimally invasive spine surgery will also spur market growth.
2. The costliness of treatments, unfavorable product approval processes and complicated reimbursements policies will deter market growth.
3. North America and Europe are anticipated to lead the global market, due to an increase in the geriatric population.
4. The Asia Pacific region will see the strongest market growth because of increasing economic affluence.
5. Key global market players include Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, Stryker, Orthofix, NuVasive, Zimmer Biomet, Globus Medical, Alphatec, K2M and LDR.