From growing its international presence in spine surgery to new acquisitions, here are five updates to know about Medtronic since the end of July:
1. Medtronic has entered into an agreement to acquire Intersect ENT for $1.1 billion, the company said Aug. 6.
2. Medtronic enrolled its first patient in a clinical trial for its Braive growth modulation system for scoliosis, according to a Sept. 22 news release.
3. Medtronic on Sept. 30 announced three additions to its minimally invasive spine surgery offerings. The Catalyft PL and PL40 are part of the Catalyft expandable interbody system, and the Space-D access system enables pedicle screw-based distraction, retraction and compression.
4. Medtronic has invested nearly $70 million in healthcare training and executed health equity strategies, according to its fiscal year 2021 Integrated Performance Report: Engineering Impact, released Oct. 12.
5. Medtronic's Mazor X is the first dedicated robot-assisted spine surgery platform launching in Canada, according to an Oct. 25 news release.