A devicemaker's spine surgery milestone and four more updates from medtech companies in the last week:
1. VisAR, an augmented reality surgical guidance system, received FDA approval for intraoperative spine surgery.
2. Knoxville, Tenn.-based ChoiceSpine is partnering with France-based eCential Robotics to combine their technologies into one system.
3. Inspired Spine reached more than 1,500 oblique lateral lumbar interbody spinal fusion procedures.
4. Aziyo Biologics co-founder Randal Mills, PhD, was named interim president and CEO.
5. Theradaptive's OsteoAdapt SP implant received its third FDA breakthrough designation.