Frank Vizesi, PhD, has been appointed chief scientific officer of SeaSpine after seven years with the company.
1. Dr. Vizesi will continue to lead the development of SeaSpine's orthobiologics portfolio and work with leaders of the spinal implant and enabling technology business to drive research across all product lines, according to a March 7 news release.
2. Under Dr. Vizesi's leadership, SeaSpine deepened its research to differentiate its demineralized bone matrix portfolio. The company now holds the No. 2 position in the U.S. DBM market, according to Keith Valentine, president and CEO.
3. Research on SeaSpine's DBM products has been published in peer-reviewed journals, including The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery.
4. SeaSpine also promoted Shaeffer Bannigan to vice president of product development for spinal implants.
5. Since 2018, when Mr. Brannigan joined SeaSpine, he has helped execute more than 45 product launches.
6. More than 75 percent of SeaSpine's spinal implants revenue comes from products launched within the last five years, according to the release.