J. Christopher Barry has spent his career focused in the medical technology industry at Medtronic and currently CEO of NuVasive.
Five things to know:
1. Mr. Barry worked at Covidien, Medtronic's minimally invasive therapies group, from 1999 to 2015, according to his LinkedIn profile. He then worked as senior vice president and president of Medtronic's Surgical Innovations MITG.
2. Under his leadership, NuVasive has seen back-to-back growth in the first and second quarters of 2021. In a second quarter earnings call, he reflected on the growth of NuVasive's Simplify artificial disc, data on its single-position spine surgery approach and its Pulse navigation platform.
3. Mr. Barry joined NuVasive as a board member and CEO in November 2018, succeeding Gregory Lucier.
4. Mr. Barry's pay was $4.8 million in 2020. Of that amount, $735,462 was received as salary, and $3.4 million was awarded as stock.
5. Mr. Barry earned his bachelor's degree in environmental science at Texas Tech University in Lubbock.