Spine device company Alphatec on June 7 welcomed the EOS Imaging team to its Carlsbad, Calif., facility.
1. Alphatec received approval for its $116.9M acquisition of the imaging company in April.
2. EOS Imaging and Alphatec are combining their U.S. sales teams to create a capital and spine hardware distribution network.
3. Alphatec's approach-specific solutions, integrated with EOS' 3D surgical planning platform, will help surgeons "assess the patient's full body alignment, establish surgical objectives and simulate surgery with optimized implants," the company said in a June 7 news release.
4. The EOSedge system will continue to be developed, and aims to more reliably measure bone quality at each vertebral segment.
5. Alphatec CEO Pat Miles said he expects 2021 U.S. revenue growth to exceed 30 percent, fueled by a "revitalized [Alphatec] sales force" and "surgeon enthusiasm" for products such as the prone transpsoas procedure.