Stryker falls 80 places in Fortune's best workplaces list

Spinal Tech

Stryker has made Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the 11th consecutive year, but dropped 80 places to 88th in 2021.

Six things to know:

1. Like most medtech companies during the COVID-19 pandemic, Stryker's sales saw steep declines when hospitals postponed elective procedures, which make up about half of its business, according to Fortune.

2. In 2020, to offset losses in revenue, Stryker's leadership, including the board of directors, took temporary salary reductions instead of front-line workers. Stryker also helped staff members whose work had been reduced or eliminated find other opportunities within the company during the pandemic.

3. The company furloughed some employees early last year, which prompted it to fall in Fortune's 2021 rankings.

4. Fortune partnered with research firm Great Place to Work to evaluate companies on issues including how trustworthy, caring and fair the company is in times of crises; employees' physical, emotional and financial health; and the company’s wider community impact.

5. Employee feedback comprises 60 percent of each company's score, with the other 40 percent based on programs companies said they created to support their communities in response to the pandemic.

6. Companies must employ at least 1,000 U.S. employees to be considered for the list.

More articles on devices:
Florida surgeon performs disc replacement on wrong area of patient's spine
2 spine surgeon leaders exit Johns Hopkins
5 high-profile device company court battles: Medtronic, Smith+Nephew & more 

Copyright © 2023 Becker's Healthcare. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Cookie Policy. Linking and Reprinting Policy.


Featured Webinars

Featured Podcast

Featured Whitepapers