Zimmer Biomet reported a net sales decrease of 0.9 percent to $1.99 billion during the second quarter.
Five things to know:
1. Spine and craniomaxillofacial sales decreased 6.2 percent to $186 million compared to the same period last year.
2. Surgical, sports medicine, extremities and trauma sales increased 2.5 percent to $444 million.
3. Hip sales decreased 1.5 percent to $479 million and knee sales rose just 0.1 percent to $704 million.
4. Net earnings decreased 28.7 percent to $131.9 million for the same period last year.
5. Zimmer Biomet expects to hit its weighted average market growth rate six months ahead of schedule.