The global hip and knee surgical implant market is anticipated to reach $33 billion by 2022, according to Today's Medical Developments.
Here are five observations:
1. In 2015, 325,000 people underwent total hip replacement surgery in the Untied States.
2. Computer assistance represents a new trend in the total hip replacement surgery field.
3. The increasing aging population is driving the market.
4. Warsaw, Ind.-based Zimmer Biomet leads the hip and knee orthopedic implant market, offering its ML taper hip prosthesis with Kinectiv modular neck technology.
5. Other market leaders include:
• DePuy Synthes in West Chester, Pa.
• Stryker in Kalamazoo, Mich.
• Smith & Nephew in London