A woman from Louisiana is suing Stryker over alleged hip implant injuries, according to a Louisiana Record report.
Here are six things to know:
1. Julie Brown filed a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana.
2. The lawsuit alleges that Ms. Brown suffered injuries due to the implementation of the company's Rejuvenate device at her right hip.
3. The suit also claims that excessive levels of cobalt and chromium in the device have caused her further pain.
4. Ms. Brown had the device implanted in 2010. By 2015, she was suffering from pain and discomfort.
5. Stryker initiated a voluntary recall of the Rejuvenate device in June 2012. According to the news release, the company recalled the system " due to the potential for fretting and corrosion at the modular-neck junction which may result in ALTR (adverse local tissue reactions), as well as possible pain and/or swelling at or around the hip."
6. Ms. Brown is seeking a jury trial, compensatory damages, all applicable statutory damages as well as attorney fees and costs and more.