Here are 10 physicians performing orthopedic surgery:
Editor's note: This is not a list of top surgeons, but rather a list highlighting professional accomplishments. Becker's does not endorse any surgeons featured on this list.
This is not an exhaustive list. Physicians are listed in alphabetical order. To nominate a physician for future lists, please contact Ariana Portalatin at email@example.com.
1. Scott Adams, MD. The Centers for Advanced Orthopaedics (Bethesda, Md.). Dr. Adams' research publications include a book chapter on knee injuries and articles on ACL injuries. He is a physician for the United States Soccer Federation, for which he travels internationally with various teams to provide medical coverage
2. Amiethab Aiyer, MD. John Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore). Dr. Aiyer is the division chief for foot and ankle surgery in the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine department of orthopaedic surgery. His research has been published in numerous publications and he has presented at orthopedic group conferences.
3. Peter Althausen, MD. Reno (Nev.) Orthopedic Center. Dr. Althausen is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Nevada Reno School of Medicine. In 2010, he co-founded the Orthopaedic Implant Company, which is dedicated to providing cost-effective medical devices to facilities nationwide.
4. Blair Ashley, MD. Maine Line Health (Radnor, Pa.). Dr. Ashley specializes in joint replacement procedures. She completed her fellowship at the Rothman Institute in Philadelphia and is credited with being the only female fellowship-trained joint replacement surgeon in Philadelphia.
5. Wayne Colizza, MD. Tri-County Orthopedics (Cedar Knolls, N.J.). Dr. Colizza has been recognized nationally for his research on the replacement of arthritic knees. He is a past president of the New Jersey Orthopaedic Society. He serves as chief of the joint replacement service line at Morristown (N.J.) Medical Center and is on the Board of Councilors for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
6. Charles Day, MD. Henry Ford Health System (Detroit). Dr. Day is the executive vice chair of the orthopedic service line for the health system and is also a professor at the Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit. He recently completed the health system's second total wrist replacement.
7. Steve Lee, MD. Hospital for Special Surgery (New York City). Dr. Lee is the chief of the hand and upper extremity service at Hospital for Special Surgery and a professor of at Weill Cornell Medical College in New York City. Additionally, he is the research director for the Hospital for Special Surgery's Center for Brachial Plexus and Traumatic Nerve Injury.
8. Mark McNemar, DO. Mercy Clinic Joplin (Mo.). Dr. McNemar is president of Mercy Clinic Joplin. He specializes in orthopedic surgery and hand surgery.
9. Andrew Pepper, MD. Rothman Orthopaedic Institute (Philadelphia). Dr. Pepper specializes in areas related to hip and knee replacement surgery. His work has been published numerous times, including in the Journal of Arthroplasty.
10. Nicholas Wilson, MD. Martin Orthopedics (Little Rock, Ark.). Dr. Wilson specializes in all areas of orthopedic surgery, with an emphasis on reconstructive surgery. In 2017, he was a lead researcher of a biomechanics program at Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. He also led research for a therapy program at St. Louis University.