More than $55 million worth of donations have been made to support spine and orthopedic care, research and education.
1. Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida received a $75,000 donation it will use to support its neurosurgery program.
2. The University of West Florida in Pensacola received a $600,000 donation that it will use to add a sports medicine center.
3. The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock received a $1 million gift from alumnus Mark Harriman, MD. The donation will largely support the Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital, which is under construction.
4. Milwaukee-based Scoliosis Research Society received a $3 million gift from a late Delaware woman who had the disease.
5. A $5 million donation to UMass Chan Medical School in Worcester, Mass., will establish endowed chairs for five specialties including orthopedics.
6. New York City-based NewYork-Presbyterian received a $50 million donation to expand its Och Spine program. The donation from the Jane and Daniel Och Family Foundation will establish more Och Spine facilities in the region, including in underserved communities.