Philadelphia-based Rothman Orthopaedic Institute partnered with Altamonte Springs, Fla.-based AdventHealth to develop a Rothman location in Florida, The Philadelphia Inquirer reports.
What you should know:
1. Rothman is building a Florida location to capitalize on the state's population growth.
2. Daryl Tol, CEO of AdventHealth's Central Florida division, said his system partnered with Rothman because of the practice's reputation for "clinical excellence, data acumen and commitment to teaching and learning."
3. The partners will build a 12-story, 300,000-square-foot medical office building that'll serve as Rothman's Florida headquarters. The headquarters will cost $100 million and is expected to open in 2023.
4. Rothman will have 18 physicians in Florida by 2021 and plans to have 50 physicians in five years.
5. Rothman is self-financing its expansion.
6. Rothman is one of the latest well-known orthopedic-focused hospitals to expand to Florida. New York City-based Hospital for Special Surgery was one of the first to expand into the state.